This is part of a Guide to Family Biking. You can learn more about:
There are a ton of great resources out there!
Family Bikers Near You
A great way to get family biking is to talk with others, or take a look at local bike shops with experience in family and cargo biking. Let us know about local groups and shops!
You can add other locations to this map, or send us suggestions!
Family Biking Basics
- Cascade’s guide http://www.cascade.org/learn/family-biking
- ParentMap’s http://www.parentmap.com/article/family-bike-riding-basics
- Biking With Kids http://faculty.washington.edu/klange/kidbike.html
- Pedalheads: http://pedalheads.com/
Family Bike Blogs
- Family Ride – great tips and regular adventures from Portland, OR-based Madi Carlson and family
- No Spandex Required
- Mummy’s Gone a Cycle
- This Mom Bikes
- Hum of the City
Family Bike Podcasts
- Bike Here – tips to help you leave the car at home from Arleigh aka Bike Shop Girl
- The Joyride Podcast
- Nifty Gadgets for Family Bikers
Family Bike Groups
- FamilyBike – you are here!
- Chicago Family Biking Community
- DC Family Biking
- Family Cycling Canada
- Seattle Family Biking
Family Bike Shops
- Blue Heron Bikes Berkeley
- Xtracycle – Bay Area: Mill Valley, CA
Learn Maintenance & Repairs
- Cascade classes – Classes for riding and working on bikes – https://cascade.org/learn
- Center for Bicycle Repair – classes and one-on-one help learning and working on your bike – https://centerforbicyclerepair.com/
- The Bikery – learn to fix your bike – https://thebikery.org/
- NE Seattle Tool Library’s Bike Shack – work on your bike with help from a volunteer – http://bikeshack.org/
This is just a start, send us your favorites!